So, I’m going to turn 19 in a few days and here is a list of 19 things I learned before turning 19!
1. Family over everything I can’t emphasize enough on how much I believe in this.
2. Spending money on books is worth it all! Reading is the best hobby that I have picked up on and it has worked wonders for me. It has changed my life in so many possible ways and it has given me a privilege to live so many lives (of the characters in the book)
3. Female friends are the best. No matter what Fun fact: I was so skeptical about getting admission in a girl’s college because I thought I would hate it because I have always had more guy friends. But now I have realised that having female friends is a privilege. They support you like no guy could and make world a better place for you.
4. Law of attraction, manifestation and gratitude works magic I have learned that What you have in your thoughts is what you can have in your life. If you see it in your mind,you are going to hold it in your hand. Thoughts become things.
5. Me time is the best time Spending time alone is probably the best therapy.
6.Being alone is not bad Actually it’s not at all bad. Being single or maybe just not having any body around can help you know yourself in ways you never knew. It lets you discover who you actually are.
7. It’s okay not to have a plan I have always been the kind of person who never had a plan in her life. I didn’t know what I would do 2 years later, tomorrow morning or the next week. The moment I posted my first blog I didn’t know what I would post here. But I knew I would figure it out for sure.
8.I learned writing and reading I learned writing and reading and also gained the courage to make it public. And now it has become one the reasons for me to smile,everyday.
9.Communication is magical I have realised how important conversations are and what was the need to discover language in the first place. Talking to a friend, mom, or maybe just a page makes my life 10 times better.
10. “Fake it till you make it” If you are not happy right now, fake it . Fake your smile,fake your happiness and one day that would change into a genuine smile for sure.
11. It’s okay if you don’t make sense to other people It’s okay if the other person doesn’t get why you are so excited to go for a walk in park, or to start reading a particular book. Do things for yourself and for your happiness.
12.Failure is very very very important. Failure is vital failing in an exam,in a relationship with your partner or a friend, or getting rejected for a position you really wanted, is really important sometimes. Failure is important to get yourself out from your comfort bubble and make yourself a better version of yourself.
13. Accept your flaws and flaunt it You are not perfect,that Instagram model is not perfect. Having flaws is also beautiful. But most importantly Accepting you flaws is beautiful.
14. Being selfish is fine sometimes. I might have already looked very narcissistic for writing a whole blog just about myself but being selfish and putting yourself first is absolutely fine. It’s okay to be your number 1 priority.
15. I have learned that I’m not always going to get the closure/explanation I think I deserve And I think it’s better like that because maybe the explanation would hurt me more than anything else did.
16. Trust the process Everything happens for good and nothing lasts. It’s surely going to make sense some day if not today.
17. Not everybody is going to support you and I have learned this very recently that even the people you chill with won’t support you for what you do and that’s fine. You do what you like.
18. I learned that self love is very important not just accepting your flaws but also loving yourself for who you are is the most important thing. Because you can’t figure out how to love somebody else in a relationship ( be it your partner,friend) if you have not figured out how to love yourself first.
19. And lastly, I learned that giving yourself a gift every now and then is important because you deserve it.
Thanks for reading!