✨ we all eat lies when our hearts are hungry ✨ I read this quote somewhere and it has stuck with me ever since then. We all are caught in a vicious cycle of self doubt and a need for external love. We have always been dependent on other people to make us feel better about ourselves that we forget how empowering it is to validate yourself and respect yourself more than anyone else! We often end up doing so much for people who wouldn’t even do the slightest possible, and all of it just for the sake of being an ‘ideal friend’ and for feeling validated! In this ‘social world’ we get so busy finding love and validation from the outer world that we forget our power, and the power of self love. We forget how important it is to look in the mirror and say ‘you are beautiful just the way you are’ and not waiting for somebody else to say it to us. So let’s feed our heart with so much love that there is no place for lies. ✨
A word which bring so many pictures and memories in your mind, A word which adds value to your life. We all have friends Some who can fight for us And some who fight with us Some who are always there when things don’t go right And some who always stand so tight Some who enjoy with us in the rain And some who stay there when we are in pain Some Friends whom we meet only once in a year And some with whom we shed tears . Some friends make dancing on songs which you never heard so easy And some makes life so breezy Some friends with whom life flows like a swing And some, who makes our heart sing. Some who teach us new things And others who helps us to live our life like Kings. Some take their time but always come back While some always appear as a flashback. Each one of them is special in their own way, has their own way of changing our life. All of them have one thing in common, to change our frown into a smile. But, We expect so much from our friends We expect them to act like our therapists, partners, family and teachers That we forget that they are actually our friends Friends we can laugh with, smile with and cry with. We need to accept that friends can just be friends for once and nothing else.
We all go through times when we feel like everything is about to collapse and nothing feels right.. We all have days when it’s difficult to even smile. So I’m going to mention a few things which makes me happy instantly, and I hope it makes you happy too! 1) Playing with a kid You don’t know how magical it is until you do it yourself. Their innocence will make you smile instantly, no matter what is going in your life. Even a video call with your younger cousin can make everything fine!
2) Going through your oldphotographs Every family has one cupboard filled with albums and going through all of them with your family and discussing how beautiful life was back then can legit make your day!
3) Reading a book which has a special place in your heart Be it a book given by your friend, family member or maybe just a book which has a lot of memories attached to it. Reading it again will take you back to the memory lane!
4) Journaling your thoughts If you are like me who doesn’t like to share feelings with people then this will work wonders for you! You won’t be judged for what you are thinking and it will also make you feel light!
5) Talking to your long lost friend Catching up with people you left in your way is the best way to bring back the memories. It will make you nostalgic, but happy too!
6) Talking about your favoriteschool memories with your best friends Memories from your favorite trip or your first bunk together and talking about your school life will surely leave you in (happy) tears!
7) Listening your happy song For me, listening to ‘Kabhi Kabhi Aditi ‘ and imagining that I am Aditi is the best therapy! What’s your happy song?
8) Reading hand written letters Reading hand written letters is my favorite hobby! Realizing that someone made efforts to make you happy can instantly put a smile on your face!
9) Going through your ‘Gift box’ Looking at all the gifts and realizing their purpose behind it and specially the handmade gifts can make you smile from ear to ear!
10) And lastly hug your favorite person For me hugging my mom makes my day! So hug your special one and if you don’t have one just hug yourself because you are special too!
Photograph.. A visual which brings back the memories you cherish forever and allow you to relive them. Photograph, a piece of paper which is much more than that! Photographs are token to revisit your past and they have a unique way of telling us that smile can set everything right. They make you feel closer to people who were once by your side, but now are nowhere to find.. Whenever I go through my old photographs nostalgia takes over my mind and takes me back to the time when I was genuinely happy with the people around me and reminds me every detail about the day, be it a photograph taken on a trip I went years ago or on the day I cried! Photographs have a unique way of telling us life was beautiful once, and can be beautiful again and for that we just need to smile. So, say cheese!
You are still a great dancer Even if you have been rejected in an audition multiple times. You are still a talented painter Even if your art just got twenty likes You are still a friend Even if all the friends you have are the objects placed in your room. And, You will become a successful entrepreneur Even if you started a little later in your life. You can still smile Even if you have terribly cried last night And, You can still shine bright Even if everything is dark around you, just like stars in the sky.
Trust me, You will stand up again Even if you have fallen a thousand times You will be able to run again Even if you are suppressed today You will fly one day Even if someone broke your wings today And, You will be happy again Even if you have forgotten how to laugh today.
You are just like a flower because even though you have dirt around you, you can still grow and bloom.
Flowers do not bloom without a little rain. Everything has its purpose, even pain.
Trust me, You are an achiever, you are capable and You are worthy.
Now that our reality has become like one of the nightmares, the only easy way out is to escape it.. I know I am not the only who is in middle of a dilemma where I keep on oscillating between thoughts like ‘ I want to go out’ and ‘I’m absolutely happy at home’ . So,one of the main reasons why I feel happy even after being stuck at home for months now is that I can always wear pyjamas and also because I have been reading a lot of novels now.
Adding a little backstory.. so while growing up I was always fascinated by the thought of reading novels and to have a ‘ tiny home library’ but I never really read novels in school..but once I started reading novels which was last year itself there was no going back. Soon , reading became an obsession.
Reading helps me calm my mind, and escape the reality.. and I guess it’s really important when our reality is a pandemic. Reading fictional books at time like this helps me a lot! I have read more books in the lockdown period than I have read last year and I’m so proud of that!! People binge watch TV shows and movies and I binge read novels because when you read you live the character’s life , and your imagination comes into play. For example, color of the shirt of your favorite character is totally dependent on your choice and everything is not served to you on a platter. In addition to all of this, I cherish the mild aroma of new books which is like a therapy itself.
According to me,Reading is the best ‘ me time ‘ and specially in lockdown as lockdown is all about solitude and enjoying your own company. According to me,Having one sided conversation with the author is magical, getting to know their thought process is magical and to be able to live thousand lives is magical !
Do you miss that one specific person? The warmth of their hug?Do you miss laughing with them..? Do you miss their silly jokes..Oh, if you think that I am talking about someone you don’t talk to anymore, then you are wrong. You can stil see that person someday or the other. I’m talking about someone special you lost to death.. That loss which inculcated a permanent void in your life and now you just have their memories left. The loss that you can’t have anymore in your arms ,but always have in your heart.
Do you also wish to dance on your favorite song with that specific person for one last time.? Or laugh with them for one last time? Or just see them in front of your eyes ..for one last time. Do you miss your last hug with that person? Do you miss laughing and joking around with that person? If you do.. then you are not the only one my friend. When someone leaves us we still enjoy their favorite dish,but without them. We still sing their favorite songs,but without them.. we still laugh on their jokes but the ones which were told by them a long back ago..
When you lose someone very special,you lose a part of yourself. You see them in your dreams, you miss them in accomplishments and you cherish the memories you made together..You unintentionally wait for the time when you can meet them again…on the other side.
So, I’m going to turn 19 in a few days and here is a list of 19 things I learned before turning 19!
1. Family over everything I can’t emphasize enough on how much I believe in this.
2. Spending money on books is worth it all! Reading is the best hobby that I have picked up on and it has worked wonders for me. It has changed my life in so many possible ways and it has given me a privilege to live so many lives (of the characters in the book)
3. Female friends are the best. No matter what Fun fact: I was so skeptical about getting admission in a girl’s college because I thought I would hate it because I have always had more guy friends. But now I have realised that having female friends is a privilege. They support you like no guy could and make world a better place for you.
4. Law of attraction, manifestation and gratitude works magic I have learned that What you have in your thoughts is what you can have in your life. If you see it in your mind,you are going to hold it in your hand. Thoughts become things.
5. Me time is the best time Spending time alone is probably the best therapy.
6.Being alone is not bad Actually it’s not at all bad. Being single or maybe just not having any body around can help you know yourself in ways you never knew. It lets you discover who you actually are.
7. It’s okay not to have a plan I have always been the kind of person who never had a plan in her life. I didn’t know what I would do 2 years later, tomorrow morning or the next week. The moment I posted my first blog I didn’t know what I would post here. But I knew I would figure it out for sure.
8.I learned writing and reading I learned writing and reading and also gained the courage to make it public. And now it has become one the reasons for me to smile,everyday.
9.Communication is magical I have realised how important conversations are and what was the need to discover language in the first place. Talking to a friend, mom, or maybe just a page makes my life 10 times better.
10. “Fake it till you make it” If you are not happy right now, fake it . Fake your smile,fake your happiness and one day that would change into a genuine smile for sure.
11. It’s okay if you don’t make sense to other people It’s okay if the other person doesn’t get why you are so excited to go for a walk in park, or to start reading a particular book. Do things for yourself and for your happiness.
12.Failure is very very very important. Failure is vital failing in an exam,in a relationship with your partner or a friend, or getting rejected for a position you really wanted, is really important sometimes. Failure is important to get yourself out from your comfort bubble and make yourself a better version of yourself.
13. Accept your flaws and flaunt it You are not perfect,that Instagram model is not perfect. Having flaws is also beautiful. But most importantly Accepting you flaws is beautiful.
14. Being selfish is fine sometimes. I might have already looked very narcissistic for writing a whole blog just about myself but being selfish and putting yourself first is absolutely fine. It’s okay to be your number 1 priority.
15. I have learned that I’m not always going to get the closure/explanation I think I deserve And I think it’s better like that because maybe the explanation would hurt me more than anything else did.
16. Trust the process Everything happens for good and nothing lasts. It’s surely going to make sense some day if not today.
17. Not everybody is going to support you and I have learned this very recently that even the people you chill with won’t support you for what you do and that’s fine. You do what you like.
18. I learned that self love is very important not just accepting your flaws but also loving yourself for who you are is the most important thing. Because you can’t figure out how to love somebody else in a relationship ( be it your partner,friend) if you have not figured out how to love yourself first.
19. And lastly, I learned that giving yourself a gift every now and then is important because you deserveit.
If you see a group picture of you and your friend. What is the first thing you notice ? Is it How you look? Is your hair alright? Is your smile just the way it should be? if your answer is yes then it’s not just you. Everybody looks at themselves only. The most frequently used word is the pronoun I. People are more interested in themselves than they are in any body else. So if you want to make friends and win hearts ,you have to be interested in other’s life. This is an important law- ‘Always make the other person feel important’.
The desire to be important is the deepest urge in human nature.
The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.
Almost everyone considers themselves very important and life of so many people could probably change if only someone would make them feel important. Once, I saw a girl who was getting irritated because of the rush in metro and because of huge bags she was carrying. And I thought of giving her a compliment on her beautiful smile. I just told her ‘you have a nice smile’ . A simple compliment from a stranger would have made her day better I guess. In the start she tried to be modest and said it’s not that nice but I knew how happy she was after listening to that. She must have thought about that the whole day and felt important , appreciated and validated. Her bags would have turned a little lighter now. That’s how you can change a person’s day: by just making them feel special.
Have you ever thought why dogs have so many friends and why are they loved by so many. The reason is that they are more interested in other’s life. They jump out of their skin and run so fast when they see their owner after a long day. They do everything they possibly can do and expect nothing in return but love. similarly ,You can make more friends in 2 months by becoming interested in other people than you can in 2 years by trying to get other people interested in you. You can work magic with philosophy of appreciation almost every day!
Are you also a big nature enthusiast who feels so captivated by the beauty of sky because
I know I’m not the only one who gets excited when the clouds form beautiful shapes and I know I’m not the one who gets thrilled when sky is in pretty colors.I know I’m not the only who gets lost when flowers decide to blossom a little more than usual and I know I’m not the only one who confronts nature whenever things don’t go well. I know I’m not the only one who would choose stargazing over everything ,and I know that I’m not the only one who loves to read books amidst the bird’s chirping.
During the world wide lockdown I long so much for the rain drops to touch my cheeks, I long so much for a good walk in a park and for the winds to blow so fast. I long so much to smell lovely flowers when I walk past.
Nature makes me feel so humble and ready to take every blow with courage. As long as the simplicity and beauty of nature exist, which should be forever , I know there will solace for every sorrow. I believe that nature can bring comfort to all those who suffer.Nature is the one thing for which there is no substitute.As long as you can look fearlessly at the sky , you will know you are pure within and will find happiness once more.